ShaftWall provides a lightweight, fire resistant, non-loadbearing structure to protect elements in spaces where access is limited to one side only.
The system provides a protective structure which can be incorporated at an early stage of the construction without the need for scaffolding. The system can also be built horizontally to provide a fire rated membrane.
ShaftWall studs and range of channels and compatible accessories are designed especially for the high-performance ShaftWall system, providing guaranteed floor, wall, head and retaining support.
- Horizontal membranes are built entirely from below
- A ShaftWall variant with non-combustible Glasroc F Firecase board linings is available
- High level commonality with GypWall partition components, particularly 70mm stud solutions
- Higher certainty of installed acoustic performance due to laboratory tests incorporating deflection heads
- Can be used where access is limited to one side at the head, e.g. M & E cages already installed in corridors
- Qualifies for SpecSure® lifetime warranty